Human Resources Office
The Human Resources Office (HRO) is the operating office designated to administer the Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) personnel system. We offer a variety of employment opportunities to the Alconbury/Molesworth community from food service, childcare, recreation and administrative support. We are dedicated to the full implementation of Federal laws mandating equality of opportunity for NAF employees. We are continually searching for qualified applicants to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding employment opportunity while at Alconbury/Molesworth, check out the information below or go directly to USA Jobs to browse current openings. Definitions for all classifications can be found under the vacancy announcements found at USA Jobs www.usajobs.gov.
The Civilian Personnel Office at RAF Mildenhall
Visit www.mildenhall.af.mil/Info/100th-Force-Support-Squadron/Civilian-Personnel for The Civilian Personnel Office. They offers a full range of strategic human resource support to the United Kingdom, Norway and Greenland. Support is given to appropriated funded, Ministry of Defence, and Local National Direct Hire employees. We provide world class service through stellar customer service, strategic consultation and managing resources to achieve mission goals.
We have two types of NAF positions: "flexible" and "regular." Flexible employees have work schedules that depend on the needs of the activity. These employees may work a minimum of zero hours to a maximum of 40 hours per week, and do not receive benefits. Regular employees work between 20 and 40 hours a week depending on position requirements, and are entitled to receive benefits.
Preferences are advantages in the candidates selection process.
Candidate with preferences are considered in the order listed. Then all other applicants are considered.
Definitions for all classifications can be found at USA Jobs.
• Military Spouse Preference
• Transition Hiring Preference
• Family Member Preference
• Off Duty Military Preference
• Veteran’s Preference
To be eligible for US NAF employment with the 423d Force Support Squadron, you must meet the following criteria:
• A citizen of the US or a citizen of any other NATO* contracting party other than UK **, connected with US federal government, assigned to the vicinity of Alconbury
• An active duty military member
• A Federal civilian employee
• Dependents of active duty military members or civilian employees (spouse, unmarried dependent children, including stepchildren, adopted children, and foster children not more than 23 years of age residing with a member of the U.S. Armed Forces or a U.S. citizen civilian employee of a U.S. Government Agency, including NAF activities whose duty station is in a foreign area). Must possess a US passport and not be an "Ordinary Resident."
A person is not considered ordinarily resident if they have resided in the UK for 366 days or less
• Time spent in the UK as a member of the US Visiting Force or as a US Government employee or as a dependent of either is not counted toward becoming ordinarily resident
• Time spent in the UK as an employee (or dependent of an employee) of a US agency serving with and supporting the US Visiting Force, i.e. Red Cross, one of the contract universities, a military banking facility or federal credit union, or by a US Government contractor as a “technical representative” is not counted toward becoming an ordinary resident
* NATO Countries: Albania, Czech Rep, Greece, Lithuania, Portugal, Turkey, Belgium, Denmark, Hungary, Luxembourg, Romania, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Estonia, Iceland, Netherlands, Slovakia, United States, Canada, France, Italy, Norway, Slovenia, Croatia, Germany, Latvia, Poland, Spain.
** United Kingdom –eligible if you are dual US/UK national and traveling on US passport (if selected for a position, this will affect your UK citizenship and component entitlements). References: - Status of Forces Agreement, Article I - AFMAN 34-310, Non appropriated Fund Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures - Third Air Force Instruction 36-102, US Forces Civilian Component Determination in the United Kingdom
To apply for a NAF job at Alconbury or Molesworth, applicants must go to USA Jobs and create a free profile that includes work background, military experience and education. Applicants may also upload a resume and other supporting documentation. Only after a profile is created is an applicant able to apply.
To search for a NAF vacancy, enter the location as either Alconbury or Molesworth, then type in the keywords ‘Air Force Services’ to simplify your search.’ Click on the job title to open the vacancy and be sure to read the entire announcement prior to applying. To apply for a vacancy, click on ‘Apply’ to the right of the vacancy announcement.
The applicant can check the status of their application under the “My Applications” tab within their account. If you have any questions please call the HR Office.
(Closed 1200 - 1300 for lunch)
Family Days: Closed
Federal Holidays: Closed